The main objective of this scheme is to establish
Industry Institute Partnership Cell in AICTE approved technical
Institutions / technical departments of Universities which will
act as liaison centers between industries and various departments
of the institutes for activities which are mutually beneficial.
AICTE provides grant for the creation of cells in selected institutions.
Establishment of IIPC
1. Industry Institute partnership cell scheme was sanctioned in the year 2002 - 2003.
2. Rs.8.95 Lakhs was sanctioned by AICTE in which 4.2 Lakhs is for Recurring and 4.75 Lakhs for Non Recurring Items.
3. In 2006 additional 4 Lakhs was sanctioned after the review of the functions of Industry Institute partnership cell.
Equipments Purchased from Non-Recurring Grant.
1. DESKTOP COMPUTER WITH MULTIMEDIA
2. LASER PRINTER
3. LCD PROJECTOR
4. EPABX FAX
5. SCANJET HP
8. OVER HEAD PROJECTOR
9. DIGITAL CAMERA
The following major activities of the IIP
cells are envisaged: -
1. Maintenance, coordination
& promotion of Consultancy services, establishment of proper
links, with departments, agencies.
2. Maintain and distribute funds obtained from Consultancy Services
for strengthening the University/Institute/Department
3. Encourage Industry to collaborate in Industry Study Tour Programme
(ISTP) /Intern-ship Programme, Placement of students in Industries.
4. Assist Industries in obtaining tax incentives from GOI by supporting
R&D programmes in the Institution, promote sponsored and joint
5. To conduct Industrial Training and Industrial Visits for the
students and faculty. To conduct industrial exhibitions to highlight
research facilities and expertise available with the academic institutions.
6. Encourage training of Industrial personnel in the Technical Institutes,
exchange of personnel between the Industries and Institute by way
of involving Industry personnel in delivering lectures on latest
technological growth, evaluation of project work, development of
curriculam as per industry needs and other academic work in Institutions.
7. Signing of MOU on behalf of the Institution.
8. Generate funds from industry/other agencies for maintenance,
development of the cell.
To enhance the technical knowledge of teaching faculties and students
in modern technology. Implemented in industries.
To make the students
to understand about the modern machines and process by arranging
industrial visits, tours and in-plant training.
To create employment
opportunities in industries .
To develop consultancy
activities between industries and our institutes and other institutes.
To create awareness
among the students and teaching faculties about the latest technical
developments taking place in industries.
To conduct short-term
need based practical oriented courses for the students and provide
necessary skill to become entrepreneur.
with industries and training institutes.
To Generate funds
from industry/other agencies for maintenance, development of the
To arrange memorandum
of understanding with industries and industrial associations.
To prepare the
students as per the requirements of the industries.
Arranging technical lectures and Seminars in modern technology by
technical and management experts from industries .
of understanding with industries and industrial associations for
placement ,Entrepreneurship development and Industrial training
training in industries and industrial visits for the students and
and science exhibitions. Conducting Campus interviews